I was honored to be tagged with a Reader Appreciation Award by Paige Addams who has been sharing her novel-in-progress called Beyond the Gate at her blog: http://paigeaddams.wordpress.com. She also shares thought-provoking issues of interest to writers, with an emphasis on paranormal romance. Be sure to check out her page.
Reader Appreciation Award rules:
1) Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2) Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3) Nominate a set of blogs you enjoy.
4) Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5) Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
The Questions for the Reader Appreciation Award:
1) What is your favorite color?
It can vary a bit depending on my mood, but I tend to gravitate toward turquoise.
2) What is your favorite animal?
I have an affinity for owls. Like me, they’re creatures of the night!
3) What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
4) Facebook or Twitter?
I do both. Twitter seems a little better for interaction and real time conversations. Facebook seems a little better for sharing links and showing photos.
5) Favorite pattern?
That’s an interesting one. I hadn’t really thought about it before. I like just about any natural, astronomical pattern — such as the pinwheel pattern made by galaxies, the pattern of bands in Jupiter’s atmosphere, the pattern of stars in the sky.
6) Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
Giving presents. I love it when I find just the right thing to give a good friend.
7) Favorite number?
Lucky number 13.
8) Favorite day of the week?
Depends a little on the week — but most of the time it’s Saturday. Even if I’m working, it tends to be more restful than other days!
9) Favorite flower?
10) What is your passion?
Telling stories is my passion.
Here are some of the blogs I enjoy reading:
1) Pat Bertram Introduces… – Pat does a great job introducing me to writers and books through her interviews.
2) The Light-Bearer Novelist – Emily Guido writes paranormal romance, and posts excerpts of her novels on her blog. She has been working on her Light-Bearer series, and has been posting from book two – Ransom. The romance may drift a little more toward the “chick-lit” genre than some of my readers would like, but she knows how to write genuine emotion and there’s some great action as well!
3) Lily Wight’s Arcade of Arts and Arcana – Reviews of vampire books, information about gothic art and news. She covers a lot of different topics here. Great stuff to check out.
4) Mondo Ernesto – Ernest looks at science fiction and fantasy stories and artwork with a particular emphasis on the Southwest and South of the Border.
5) The Accidental Ghost Hunter – Gayle Martin doesn’t post frequently to this site, but she does provide some interesting accounts of paranormal activity. You can also go on from there to see some of the other interesting things Gayle is up to.